an inside look at the lives of Beyond the Ashes. our thoughts, our ramblings and whatever else we can come up with. :)

Saturday, January 29, 2011

testimony.


Have you ever met someone that seemed bored by their own testimony? While they are telling it you can see them thinking inside, “I wish this was more interesting.” I know a couple like that. Whenever he tells his testimony people in the room start crying. And then they laugh and then they think and reflect on their own lives. His testimony is like a George Lucas epic adventure. And then when his wife tries to follow that she usually says something like this:
“I grew up in the church. I gave my life to Christ when I was 5 years old. I had a sip of a Zima alcoholic beverage in high school and felt really convicted. I rededicated my life to God.”
It’s a pretty dull story, but on some level being given a new life should never be deemed as “dull,” regardless of the details. On some level, we should all be happy with our stories. And, I’ve never met someone that recovered from a horrible car accident, defying the odds to live again and heard them say, “Yeah, I mean my recovery is cool, it’s nice that I am where I am, but I wish I could have been crippled for a little while. Not forever, but just long enough so that I had to learn to walk again and could have been more dramatic and sweaty and maybe been in a Garth Brooks video.”
Think about it.  We all have a story.  It's a simple one.  We were lost.  Hopeless.  Desperate.  God saw us in our need and saved us.  Juicy details or not, that's enough to make anyone rejoice!  Be encouraged.  YOU are a child of the King!  He loves you no matter how significant or insignificant you think your life's story is!  That in itself is nothing short of incredible!  

love ya'll!!  
-kellan

No comments:

Post a Comment